Better inform your taxonomic changes. A toolbox to test MultiSpecies Coalescent model robustness in a spatially explicit framework:
- Pick your spatial demogenetic model
- Set its parameters (generally inferred from previous data)
- Simulate a demographic history in an heterogeneous landscape
- Simulate genetic data under a sampling scheme
- Estimate what would be the number of species detected in the simulation under the MSC
- Can the number of species detected in the real data be explained by isolation by distance?
- Reconsider taxonomic changes accordingly.